How much is delivery?+
Please click here for notes on our delivery.
How do I return some items?+
At Canine Concepts we pride ourselves on the quality of the products we sell. We hope you will be thrilled with your purchase from us. At the same time, we realise we cannot please all of the people all of the time.
With this in mind, our returns policy is quite simple. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return it to us within 14 days (**Christmas Presents: see note below) for a replacement or full refund of the cost of the item. Customers are responsible for the cost of returning goods back to us. If the product is damaged or an incorrect item was sent when you receive it, we will pay the postage costs to return the item back to us. All we ask is that you return the items in a saleable condition with all of its packaging intact. If your product is faulty or incorrect, please contact us for our returns procedure.
If you are returning an item and would like a replacement item (e.g. a different size or colour), we ask that you return the item with a note giving us permission to charge your card to cover the any difference in cost, plus the postage and packaging charge of £2.50 for the new item to be sent (UK Only). Customers from abroad, please contact us for our returns procedure
RETURN ADDRESS: Canine Concepts, Unit 2, Stone Hall Farm, Little Hallingbury, Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM22 7RS
Please don’t forget to include your Sales Number shown on your receipt.
Customers wishing to return heavy items (i.e. 2-30 kg) may wish to use our Returns Service. We offer this at our cost price of £12.99 (UK Only). If you would like to take advantage of this, please call us for details. Some very heavy items (over 30kg) including all dog runs may require specific return arrangements. Please contact us for prices.
If you require any further information please email us using the ‘Contact’ link (at the top of this screen) page or phone us on: (01869) 349 777
**Christmas Presents: We accept that goods purchased for Christmas Presents are unlikely to be returned within 14 days. Therefore goods purchased in November and December as Christmas gifts may be returned to us at any time up until mid January.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
- Much of the UK’s WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
- Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
CanineConcepts are obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when you buy from us a new Electrical or Electronic product.
For example, if a customer bought a new EEE item from us we would accept their old WEEE item and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item.
Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown below:
What are your terms and conditions?+
Terms and Conditions:
Please click here to see our full terms and conditions.
Is this site SECURE?+
All SSL certificates are equal, but some are more equal than others:
The most crucial thing to note is that there are three levels of SSL certification available that essentially do the same thing: they check the legitimacy of the domain owner and they enable the encryption of information exchanged on your website, such as credit card information or an email address. In essence, each level provides exactly the same standard of security.
Where they differ is in the extent of vetting involved and, therefore, how long the validation takes to complete – from minutes for domain validation to up to ten business days for extended validation – and how much confidence they command.
• Extended validation (EV) from THAWTE. This is the gold standard in SSL certificates, delivering the highest level of consumer trust through the strictest authentication standards. EV verification guidelines, drawn up by the CA Browser Forum, require the CA to run a much more rigorous identity check on the organization or individual applying for the certificate. This can be a time consuming process, but it’s worth it. Sites with an EV SSL certificate have a green browser address bar and a field appears with the name of the legitimate website owner and the name of the security provider that issued the certificate. Therefore you can rest assured that you are dealing with a legitimate site that cares about their security.
Certificates used by most other websites:
• Domain validation (DV). This is the lowest level of authentication used to issue SSL certificates. The CA will issue a domain-validated certificate to anyone who is listed as the domain admin contact in the WHOIS record (the public record associated with each domain name) simply by sending an email to the contact email address. As a result, domain validated certificates are issued very quickly, but no company information is checked or displayed on the certificate, making it easier for internet criminals to gain this type of certificate from irresponsible CAs.
• Organization validation (OV). OV is the more secure step up from DV. As well as checking up on the ownership of the domain name, the CA will also carry out additional vetting of the organization and individual applying for the SSL certificate. This might include checking the address where the company is registered and the name of a specific contact. This vetted company information is displayed to visitors on the certificate, making the ownership of the site much more visible.
How to contact us?+
We are an on-line business and therefore encourage communication with the form below. These are checked throughout the day.
We would like to provide a 24 hour hotline, but even we need a rest sometimes. If you do need to talk to us over the phone, please call us MON-FRI between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on +44 (0)1869 349777. We can get busy, so please leave a message if you cannot get through.
Please remember, you can always contact us via telephone or postal mail as well using the following information:
Barn 2, Stone Hall Farm, New Common
Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM22 7RS
Phone : (0)1869 349 777
What are cookies?+
What are cookies and how to we use them?
A cookie is a text file which is created by your web browser to store information in your computer that can be remembered whilst you navigate. Since cookies are not programs, they do not contain viruses or other malicious software. They are just a text file with letters and numbers,
There are two main types of cookies – session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies only stay there in a single visit and are then automatically removed by your browser. Persistent cookies stay in your computer even when the browser has closed down, so that next time you visit that website, it can read the information. Persistent cookies also have an expiry date when they are automatically deleted. This can vary from a few minutes to years. Our website’s cookies are automatically removed after 1 year.
We use session cookies to help us count the number of visitors to our website. It is just a unique identifier for each visitor and does not contain any personal or identifiable information. We also use session cookies as part of the process of sending web pages to your browser. These are essential and no website using Microsoft technology can work without these cookies.
We also use our own persistent cookies to remember which items you put into your basket. That means that you can close your browser and come back later when you are ready to checkout without losing all your items in the basket or just to remind yourself on what items you were interested in. This is part of our website’s architecture, and our website would not be able to function without it. These cookies are cleared once an order has been placed. Otherwise, they stay there for a year (you can of course, clear them at any time through your browser, see below).
We also use persistent cookies to remember your preferred language, currency and delivery country. Without this, you would have to enter this basic information each time you visited our website, which can be a bit annoying when you are shopping online.
Lastly, we use a number of persistent cookies by the servers that run our website. These just have essential technical information which allows our servers to function. There is no personal or identifiable information in them.
All our cookies are our own, that is to say they are ‘first party’ cookies. This means that any cookie we set in our website can only be read back by our website. The cookies are not accessible to any other websites. We do not use ‘third party’ cookies which would permit this sort of behaviour by other websites.
You have full control of your cookies!
Well, you can remove all these cookies if you do not want them in your computer. Have a look at www.aboutcookies.org for further information. There is also much more information on this website about cookies in general.
Just remember that when you come back to visit us, you will need to enter your information again.
Still have questions?